Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2020

Learn- Create- Share model

This year our school has focused on using the Learn- Create - Share model for weekly reading writing and maths groups. This has derived from Manaiakalani's pedagogy which puts the students at the centre of learning. It worked exceptionally well during our lockdown time, when we were teaching from home and we have continued to use this model from workshops when we have returned to school.
I've collected some student voice around the Learn, Create, Share framework and they have said some of the following things:
"It's way better than what we have done before. "
"Before it was confusing and you may have had to wait longer to check in with a teacher."
" I like it because you can see what you're doing even if you have missed a workshop."
" I like that all the links are there for you to go back."
"You can start earlier by viewing clips/ links."
" I like the learn create, share because you don't have to rush....you can go at your own pace."
" I like it because it makes it look easier"
One child said:
"I liked the other way better, because it feels like we now have to do more work. I stress that I won't get all my work done by the end of the week."

As we embark on a new term I reflect on our growth as educators and look forward to the growing opportunities we are able to provide our students with using this pedagogy and the many benefits already observed when we put students at the Centre of learning. With this learn, create share framework, student’s most definitely appear to be more motivated and engaged with their learning. 

For more information regarding Manaiakalani pedagogy read the following post

No comments:

Post a Comment