Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Ubiquitous Learning


Hannah from PT England school joined us today and talked to us about Ubiquitous learning. This can happen anytime ,anywhere and at any pace and from anyone: living local, learning globally.

While teachers are away from the classroom students can still have rich learning experiences due to the pedagogy: Learn, Create ,share. During the last 9 weeks as I have learned new skills I have increased the level of flipped learning I have provided my students with. This has been valuable for bth myself and the students and as a result, I continue to feel connected to the students when I haven't been there.

 Rewindable learning has proven to be valuable for myself and my students. As part of the DFI course, I have experienced some struggles that I have captured in my notes. I have been able to revisit these notes at a later time and have faced difficulties from these references. The slides shared with us as part of the DFI have also been valuable. I will continue to refer to these as I plan in the future.

Wolf Fisher research showed that children who had positive gains were those who blogged more frequently. Accuracy was measured on spelling, correct word sequences, punctuation, sentences. I have seen progress with students in my home base this term as they have increased their blogging and commenting on other students blogs. They are now more confident about blogging and are showing that they are taking further risks and getting more creative with the likes of an interesting title to get someone to want to read their post.

I am confident that I can do certain tasks and have most definitely gained new skills as a result of completing this DFI course. However, I am also aware of the fact that I take a long time to get digital tasks completed and that sometimes I may need to google for clarification, or go back and look over my notes for reassurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment